This is here to help you with all the activities at the Haverford Township Free Library.....adults, teens and children. Please feel free to give us your comments or questions on the Blog or you can e-mail us at.... haverford@delco.lib.pa.us or telephone 610-446-3082

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Sad, but Happy Too!


Last Friday our Children's Librarian, Pat Evans, retired after working at the library for 30 years. As Pat mentioned in her speech after receiving a proclamation at the July 10th Commissioner's Meeting, "The children I told stories to when I first started working at the library are now the parents of the children I read to just last week"! Time sure flies when you're having fun!!

I titled this posting "Sad, but Happy Too" because although everyone at the library will miss her, I'll miss her just a little bit more. You see, Pat & I started working at the library within a few months of one another, which means that yours truly has worked at the library for 30 years also. Over the years Pat & I probably spent nearly as much time working side by side as we did with our families. But I'm also happy for Pat 'cause now she and her husband (who recently retired also) can dote on their granddaughter even more than when they were working, travel, do "crafty" things which Pat is so good at, and just relax and enjoy this next leg of life's journey.

So Pat, if you happen to be reading this...GO GIRL...have a great retirement.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted
to say that I've really enjoyed surfing around your blog posts.
In any case I'll be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you write again soon!

Take a look at my web site - rent a private jet

4:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home